- When taking a photo in the camera app, you can use the volume up button to "click" and shoot.
- Battery percentage can be enabled in General - Settings - Usage.
- In calculator, if you entered a digit wrong, you can simply swipe right/left on the calculator display to erase the last number.
- You can use the inbuilt dictionary to define words! Just select a word, in the menu that pops up, click on the right arrow and select define.
- You can lock to portrait orientation by double clicking the home button and swiping left -
You can also control music playback here.
- If your phone hangs or there is no display but you can call your phone and it seems to ring, you can Hard Reset your iPhon by holding the Home+Power button together for 10 seconds.
- If your home key is hard, you can have an on screen button. Goto Settings - General - Accessibility - Assistive Touch. This will enable a small circle on the phone screen which gives you access to several small shortcuts as well.
- You may enable Blackberry style LED notification for messages/calls from Settings - General - Accessibility - LED flash for alerts.
- To add emoticons just goto Settings - General - Keyboard - Add - Emoji. To use, while typing click on the Globe symbol in the keyboard
- You can also set acronym shortcuts for the Chat lingo in Settings - General - keyboard
- If you cellular data is not working, you can goto on your iPhone via Safari and install the relevant profile for your current country/carrier. May work.
- Easiest way to set an alarm is to tell Siri.
- If you can't take a call, you can set a predefined reply from Settings - Phone - Reply with message
- Maximize Battery life by disabling all options in Settings - Privacy - Location Services - System services
- You can stop music playback after a certain time (if you're used to listening to some music before you sleep but have no one to switch off the app.). Goto Clock - Timer - set the duration and select When Timer Ends - Stop playing
- If you have a Draft saved in your Mail app, you can simple see then by holding the compose option in the Mail app.
- Take a screenshot of the phone screen by holding the home button then also the power button together.
Hope this helps!