9/30/2016

Huion H610 Review

I brought a Huion H610 recently and the regular one not the Pro version. I think they also have another new tablet with a SD card reader. I brought the Huion 610 because the only big difference about the other two are cosmetics and a card reader. I order off amazon with my Prime membership so it took 2 days to come. I made sure to download the driver the day before it came and restarted my PC then. When it arrived I plugged everything in and added a rechargeable battery to the pen. Everything worked as advertised for me out of the box. I had to go into the settings to enable the tablet for the brushes in Photoshop for pressure sensitivity to work.

That was an issue with Photoshop and not the tablet. At first I thought it was the tablet until I tried it in Zbrush and the pen sensitivity was working fine there. I have seen some reviews where people had issues but I think a few units may come defective and should be able to be returned. Then again I think it was more user error and not preparing for the tablets arrival before hand. Any drivers from previous tablets must be uninstalled before installing the Huion ones. I had a old bamboo from years ago. I made sure to uninstall those drivers first. I restarted and then I installed the Huion drivers and restarted again. Everything works perfectly for me. I would have done the above for any software as I have been working in IT for 11 years now.

No issues setting up the keys and made sure to increase the sensitivity almost to the max. I want to make sure I can get smaller lines with a light touch of the pen. It really does feel like i'm drawing on paper that way. Now I didn't use the Bamboo much as I was in the military when I first purchased it and after awhile I gave up on Photoshop and Maya then. I just didn't have the time to invest in it. Now I have more free time and I want to do more with Photoshop and I have chosen to use Zbrush. I'm still deciding between blender, 3d Studio Max, and Maya. I can test those out using a student license. I hear its best to use many different programs but Zbrush will be primary for my sculpting.

Sorry about that back on topic. My sliders work fin for me using the tablet. I'm just trying to figure out the best button configurations for the side buttons. Then what I can also put at the top to keep me away from the keyboard.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

iOS 12 group Facetime, Supports upto 32 people simultaneously

Apple introduces a group facetime in iOS 12 that supports video call up to 32 people at the same time along with the LIVE Memoji. It’s ...