6/30/2016

KP32 PLUS RK3368 Android 5.1 2GB RAM

KP32 PLUS RK3368 Android 5.1 2GB RAM
I've had several TV boxes and RKXXXX devices, but I have not posted for a while.

Recently, My NVidia Shield TV had a hardware failure (I'm very sure it is Hardware, and not just the power brick). I am pursuing an RMA with them, but I was never really happy with the "Official" Android TV experience.

I'd like to come back the the generic Android Box OS -- Preferably with a plain (stock) Android experience as possible.

I've done a lot of shopping around, and my research shows that an RK3368 machine is probably best for me -- 3D games performance is more important that video playback (I do not even have a 4K TV yet.

I want android 5.1 or newer, 2GB RAM, and I like extra stuff like an LED display/clock -- and lots of ports. From my previous boxes, I have several gamepads, media keyboards, etc., so I do not care about the remote it comes with.

This one seems to be one of the best matches for my specifications: KP32 PLUS RK3368 64bits Octa-Core Cortex-A53 CPU 4K Android 5.1 Smart TV Box w/ 5G WIFI HDMI

http://www.dxsoul.com//product/kp32-...4#.V3XLie0UODA

But I cannot find any screen shots/reviews/firmwares

Looks like a fairly generic RK3368 box, and perhaps similar to the Zidoo X6 (I'd be nice if I could put a Zidoo X6 firmware on it).

I'm also willing to take a chance and review it, but I want to know if anyone has heard of it (or what it is a clone/copy of). Obviously a F/W link would help me to make a decision to try it.

Recommendations? Warnings?

Thanks;

John
linuxlsate.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

iOS 12 group Facetime, Supports upto 32 people simultaneously

Apple introduces a group facetime in iOS 12 that supports video call up to 32 people at the same time along with the LIVE Memoji. It’s ...