Time and again, email has always been regarded as the dominant channel in the marketing kingdom by most marketers.reported that it has a whopping $44 ROI for every $1 dollar spent.
Putting together an impressive email campaign requires more than just a compelling content and keeping your hopes high.
Emails with very good click through rates don’t simply get the numbers magically. An effective email has the right blend of compelling content, outstanding layout and a great underlying strategy.
Here are a few components that you should consider in every single email you send:
- Create a Powerful Subject Line - This is just a single line but is arguably the most important component of your email. Subject line is the first thing that attracts your prospect’s attention so it’s crucial that it should be convincing enough to deserve attention.
- Use a Real Person as a Sender - The name from which you’re sending out your mails has an impact to your open rates. An email that shows an actual name has more chance of getting opened than an email which came from Company X. This builds trust to your readers. In addition, you can also attach a photo and a signature of the sender at the bottom of the email.
- Personalize Your Approach - Personalizing your email has a positive effect on your open and click through rates. Marketers who leverage on the information they have on their email recipients were reported to r compared with non-personalized emails. Insert the first name of the recipient and leverage on all other data you have to make your approach as personalized as possible.
- The Body - When optimizing their emails, the body is what marketers usually focus on. Get the language and the tone right. Make the content concise and short, but as compelling as you can. Include images to make it visually compelling.
- Call-to-Action - Remember that your main goal after having your email opened is to have your recipient click though that button and take some action. That is your sole purpose. You want them to land on that page and convert into leads.
- Social Sharing Buttons - An interested reader would always want to share good and relevant content. Make sure that social sharing buttons are visible and available when your readers share what you have to offer. This way, you not only widen your reach, but also increases your chances of generating fresh leads.
- Add an Unsubscribe Link - Always include an ‘unsubscribe’ link to your emails. Aside from the fact that’s it’s illegal not to, extend the courtesy of allowing your recipients to be removed from the list if they opted to.
- Consider Automation - Using the right tools is important in creating impressive and effective email marketing campaigns. If you decide on automating your email drive, having clean data in your CRM is important when executing your email marketing strategy. To make the automation easy, you need to make a perfect harmony between your CRM and your email marketing tool. Your CRM and your email marketing software can offer even bigger and better results .
I hope these email marketing components help you maximize your open and click through rates and deliver you great results!