11/20/2016

Need some 2in1 for Graphic Design

The Surface and Dell are hard to compare to the old basic Wacom tablets because of the draw-on-the-screen experience which makes them possible to use as art devices, but the cursor response was indeed more accurate on the old blind tablet at all speeds. Still, I would use the Surface Book over a blind tablet any day despite it's lesser line accuracy. If I had to choose, anyway. -Which, luckily, I don't.

The Surface Book IS a gorgeous machine, (and quite expensive, though still $1000 less than Wacom's new 16" pro tablet coming out; I can't imagine how much it will cost in Poland!), but honestly, when I've tried the SB out in the store, I found the pen response surprisingly bad. I'm not the only artist who thinks this way. -But as has been pointed out, many people find it adequate. -For 3D work, any of these machines ought to be just fine since pin-point accuracy isn't really an issue.

I wouldn't buy one, though. I'd pick the Dell over it for sure if that was the only criteria.

I did a video of myself doing some drawing tests on the Dell after I got it. You can take a look to see what it's like. -I wasn't doing the kind of work where its weak points are apparent, but it's not a bad little machine in most use case scenarios, and you can't beat the price for a new purchase. I find I'm using it a lot these days, but for best results, I always prefer to bring my work onto my big desktop Cintiq, partly for the accuracy and partly just to have a large, fixed surface to work on. I have an ancient 21Ux, and despite its age, it is an excellent machine.

Come to think of it..., since you're a pro artist, at some point, getting a desk-top Cintiq or Cintiq-alt monitor would probably be a good idea. I'd put portability lower on my personal list of importance than having a good desktop for sure.

More information about Huion Graphic Tablet:

Follow us on Twitter, and let us know how we're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

iOS 12 group Facetime, Supports upto 32 people simultaneously

Apple introduces a group facetime in iOS 12 that supports video call up to 32 people at the same time along with the LIVE Memoji. It’s ...