1/30/2016

Tronfy X6 / Acemax AK838 / Z4 RK3368 / EKB368 Custom Rom

Tronfy X6 / Acemax AK838 / Z4 RK3368 / EKB368 Custom Rom

Tronfy X6 / Acemax AK838 / Z4 RK3368 / EKB368

Reason I am doing this is I have Tronfy TVB-X6 box and firmware that comes onboard is very poor, many bugs, no support so I decide to make my own

When I decided this I found out that Tronfy X6 is actually just a rebadge of all the above devices and the Z4 RK3368 have lots of new firmware and have current releases up to 22nd December 2015!

So I build this firmware below on 22/12/15 release software of Z4 RK3368 found here: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=702783


In this firmware I have:

Fixed Playstore crashing
Added advanced power menu (APM/5 way reboot) - options to reboot to recovery and bootloader etc
Removed GooglePinyinIME
Added cool new Android TV bootanimation made by me based on design by someone else
Fixed some permissions
Fully rooted with latest SuperSU + Busybox
Updated many libs (improve picture quality H265 should work perfectly)
Updated Kodi to 15.2 (This Kodi includes RockChip hardware acceleration and TrueHD DTSHD options, acceration works but passthrough audio not working)
Updated key layout so recent apps button works on Minix remotes
Added some custom keylayouts for some devices
Updated build.prop for some enhancements and to make GB Europe/London default
Added TVLauncher - I think this is much nicer and better working launcher option

Maybe more I forgot?

Now to download my firmware it is here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023706179

I recommend AndroidTool_Release_v2.3 to flash this firmware, click on upgrade firmware tab, click firmware and select my image, click upgrade to flash



I hope to do some more work to this rom and make some more fixes but I am getting Nvidia Shield TV Box soon so will leave this development so use me now while I am here to help :-D

Please post and bugs you find and post and suggestions or extras you want :-)
Source: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rk3688-devices-aa/ekb368/firmware-roms-tools-bc/548149-tronfy-x6-acemax-ak838-z4-rk3368-ekb368-custom-rom
More exciting news will be coming soon: http://ahappydeal.info/

1 comment:

  1. Any way you could MOD this to work on ott M8R RK3368. I have no idea how and never flashed a device and it will go into recovery but will not go past the Android image when booting. Just stuck at that image and been searching non stop but cannot find the firmware or really how to even install which I guess if I find one I will follow your instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

iOS 12 group Facetime, Supports upto 32 people simultaneously

Apple introduces a group facetime in iOS 12 that supports video call up to 32 people at the same time along with the LIVE Memoji. It’s ...