1/17/2016

Flymemo HV-600 Headset Review


Now I was asked to post regarding the Flymemo HV-600. The unit was provided to me for this purpose.

So having said that, I have tried my best to provide an impartial impression of what I think of the device.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS -

Given bellow are key Technical Specs. For a detailed list of specifications, please review manufacturer's website.

My observations are in Parenthesis.

BLUETOOTH -
Bluetooth version - V 4.0 
Range - 10 m (My tests started to cut in and out at ~4 meters)
Transmission power - Class 2 2x15mW 
Impedance  - 16Ω 20mW

BATTERY -

Battery Capacity :3.7V  80MAH ( Also Stated as 15-20mA)
Standby time -  >90 hours
Music/ Audio Playback time - 4 hours Music, 6 Hrs Talk time (My Test showed ~10/11 Hrs Music without talk)
Charge time - ~3 hours.

 
FIRST IMPRESSIONS -


The device comes in a slim package with a USB Charging Cable (USB => MicroUSB), User Manual and 2 pairs of additional ear buds. The additional earbuds are of differing sizes, so you can choose one that fits.

First and foremost, I must say, I had a bit of difficulty trying to figure out how it is supposed to be put on and stay on. If you have shades or glasses, then I'd highly recommend you take those off before putting this on. (I was outside with Shades). The USB cable that comes with it, is good for charging only. It does not help to connect other devices such as a phone to Computer.



The connecting cable is semi-flexible and is supposed to go around the neck. However, it is bit stout near ear bend. So a perfect fit is not achieved for some.


The Earpieces themselves have buttons on the back. The left one, also has the microusb port for charging. It carries the Call Pickup and hangup button along with Volume - Button. The right earpiece has the multi-function button along with Volume + Button.



The buttons need getting used to. Once you know which is which, its all fine. However, this IEP does not fit snugly for me, so every button operation invariably required re-seating it over the ear. The Volume buttons also double as Seek Buttons with a long press or otherwise offering ability to choose next or prior track. Your device has to support such behavior.

Last but not the least, I wanted to comment on the audio Cues. The English is clipped and sometimes grammatically not quiet correct. For ex, when you step out of range from the BT Device, you get an audio cue "Device Disconnect" not "Device is Disconnected". That particular cue nags every one minute until connection is re-established. This can be helpful if you want to keep an eye on the phone or it could be nagging.


PAIRING -

Pairing is fairly straightforward. You press the Play/Pause/Multi function Button to power it on. Keep it pressed to get into Pairing mode. There is an Audio Cue indicating device is in pairing Mode. The device will be recognized as HV-600. It offers Headset and Handsfree Telephony as two prominent profiles.


MUSIC QUALITY AND Movie reproduction -

During my testing, iI exclusively used this to listen to music with Windows PC. I did briefly connect to a phone to test calls but primarily I was interested in Quality of music reproduction. Specifically I wanted to test Noise Cancellation or Insulation.

In this regard, this pair fared better. The reproduction of sounds is rich, although a bit bassy. It seems to be oriented towards Rock music. Human voice frequencies were bit more deep throated. I know, this is a matter of perception and everyone's experience will be different. Since I prefer Rock anyway, I am a happy camper.

Overall I do like the insulation or Noise Cancellation aspects of the device, outside sounds were subdued although not eliminated. I'd think it would be a good idea to test them on a flight.

As before, I used my previous selection of songs to test.

N'SYNC - BYE BYE BYE
JT came through as predicted. But your mileage may vary.The beats were pretty rich.

Eminem - Not Afraid
Near life like experience compared to the movie. (Title Song Act of Valor)

Fallout boy - Thanks for the Memories
Seemed to be a bit high on Bass. Could be my imagination.

Flo Rida - Right Round
Definitely identical to when I played on the phone without Earphones.

ColdPlay - Viva la vida
Definitely appeared bassy. Shouldn't have been since this song is strong on vocals.

If someone wants me to try out a specific song, feel free.

Footnote - The HV-600 is avaialble on Amazon for $29.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

iOS 12 group Facetime, Supports upto 32 people simultaneously

Apple introduces a group facetime in iOS 12 that supports video call up to 32 people at the same time along with the LIVE Memoji. It’s ...