3/29/2016

Geekbuying selling fake MXIII-G devices

Geekbuying selling fake MXIII-G devices

Hello,
I am writing here to warn others from buying so called MXIII-G (gigabit) devices from well known and not so far respectful online store namely Geekbuying.com
Here the link: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXIII...65-362247.html
About 2 months ago I ordered the MXIII-G (gigabit) S812, 2GB RAM, 8GB ROM device from them.
After almost three (3) weeks of processing they have finally shipped it to me.
The box arrived in a good shape.
When I hooked it up I noticed that it runs very slow, freezes, doesn't keep the network up, fails to synchronize date and time and many other issues.
I tried to programmatically identify whether it is really a MXIII-G (gigabit) device. Non of the utilities confirmed that it has S812.
So, I opened a ticket with geekbuying after sale support.
They asked me to provide pictures and some barcode label (I have no idea what it is). So, I opened the box, and took pictures of the board to provide them with more details.
Also, when I opened the box, I checked the datasheet of major chips and it become obvious that the box was fake.
For example the Ethernet adapter was 10/100Base instead of 1000, ROM was NAND instead of eMmc. These were enough to prove that the box was fake.
After sending to geekbuying all my findings they not only rejected my complain but they also said that now I lost my warranty. Unbelievable!
I've been buying from them for more than 4 years and recommended this store to all my friends. I am very very disappointed!
Here is my email to them followed by their response:

-------------------------------
My email with details
-------------------------------
Hi Rachel.
There is no doubt that this box is not MXIII-G with Amlogic S812 and Gigabit ethernet. This box is S802.
Please see attached archive with pictures of the box you sent me.
Below is what I could find about the chips on the board of this box:
IP101GR Lan (10/100 Base) !!! This is enough to say that it's not MXIII-G (Gigabit) !!!
H1102NL ETHERNET (10/100 Base) !!! This is enough to say that it's not MXIII-G (Gigabit) !!!
KM3213103 XJ-A (Couldn't find this chip datasheet, probably WiFi%BlueTooth)
GL 850G / HH4JB05Y22 / 552SCH9561 (USB HUB)
H27UCG8T2ETR / BC / 601A (8GB ROM)
Please, try to understand me. I won't accept any compensation. I want what I ordered or full refund. This purchase caused me way too much grief and frustration.
First, you delayed shipment by three weeks so I had to buy another gift to my friends.
Second, I had to pay $24 customs fee because "Gift" check-box wasn't selected on the shipment label.
Third, the box freezes like crazy, doesn't remember settings and time.
So far, this is the worst purchase that I've made on your site or any other sites.
Please, don't take it personally, just try to understand my frustration.
Thank you,
Mark

-------------------------------
Geekbuying response:
-------------------------------

Hello dear ,
good afternoon
thank for your reply
we have check our system , we did not sent wrong product to you , this is your ordered items
and we need the barcode , but we see you already dis-assembled it
sorry for tell you that you lose 1 year warranty
GeekBuying offers 1 year warranty for the Consumer Electronics
If items of the above categories are faulty for non-artificial reasons within one year (from the date of arrival), customers can send them back for free repair. Dis-assemble, misuse, drop, waterlog or any other artificial factor causes the damage of item are not in scope of the warranty.
best regards
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

iOS 12 group Facetime, Supports upto 32 people simultaneously

Apple introduces a group facetime in iOS 12 that supports video call up to 32 people at the same time along with the LIVE Memoji. It’s ...