9/05/2015

Snapdragon 615 Hatred

Snapdragon 615 Hatred

In the post:
Another concern I have is the Snapdragon 615 chipset, I hate this processor with a passion. It is the single reason why I don’t use the Xiamoi Mi4i and part of the reason my Vivo X5 Pro is sitting at the bottom of a draw (or lake, I don’t remember which).
And then in the Comments:
The processor is bad in the phones I have. I have the Xiaomi Mi4i and the Vivo X5Pro and they both use the 615 and it is junk. The LeTV Le 1 with Mediatek is better, in fact any MT6752 phone is better than a SD615.
This is the first I’ve read of the 615 being, um, sub-optimal.
Here’s a list of phones that use the 615. Among them is the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3, which hasn’t gotten terrible reviews. But then there’s the Samsung Galaxy A8, which has.
Perhaps this is why Sony and others have gone with MediaTek chips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

iOS 12 group Facetime, Supports upto 32 people simultaneously

Apple introduces a group facetime in iOS 12 that supports video call up to 32 people at the same time along with the LIVE Memoji. It’s ...