7/16/2018

Interview with tweak developer Squ1dd13


Q1. HOW AND WHEN DID YOU GET STARTED WITH TWEAK DEVELOPMENT?

A. I started early last year, after getting annoyed by the fact that I could only do to my device what developers made for my device.
I decided, given that I have always been into computing, that I would try my hand at some Objective C (the language in which tweaks are written in).
ios development
When I started, I really struggled to get into it, but after a while of hard work, I learned Objective C quite well and really started challenging myself with bigger tweaks.

Q2. YOU ONLY RELEASE FREE TWEAKS. IS THERE ANY SPECIFIC REASON BEHIND THAT?

A. I only release free tweaks because I do not have the money to purchase tweaks myself.
From time to time, from small donations, I will purchase a paid tweak. However, I only get those donations because I am a developer.
Glacier
The people who install the tweaks are mostly not, and I think it would be unfair to rule out some people by charging for tweaks.

Q3. ARE YOU CURRENTLY WORKING ON ANY NEW PROJECT (MAY OR MAY NOT BE IOS-RELATED) OR A JAILBREAK TWEAK?

A. At the moment, I am working on a tweak called Quotifications.
This is a tweak that gets quotes from the internet and replaces the “No Recent Notifications” text with a random one. I am getting through it well, and am currently testing it.
Expect a public beta soon!

Q4. HAVE YOU EVER FELT THAT TWEAK DEVELOPERS DESERVE MORE MONEY FOR DEVELOPING TWEAKS?

A. I think that it depends on the tweaks you make. A developer who dedicates weeks and weeks to write a tweak and works incredibly hard on it should get paid for his work, definitely.
Although sometimes I see tweaks and think: “Should that really cost money?”. Sometimes developers go for the wrong decision between free and paid.
If you accidentally deleted or lost videos on iPhone, first please check on the Recently Deleted folder. Alternatively, you can use the professional tool Gihosoft iPhone Recovery to recover deleted iPhone videos from Camera Roll or some apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

iOS 12 group Facetime, Supports upto 32 people simultaneously

Apple introduces a group facetime in iOS 12 that supports video call up to 32 people at the same time along with the LIVE Memoji. It’s ...